Pre-war elegance at its best. Originally built as the El Morro in 1905 as luxury housing by the acclaimed architectural firm of Schwartz & Gross, 606 West 137th Street contains classic five and six room apartments. Building systems have all been replaced over the past five years including a new elevator, security systems and heating systems. Located in the historic Hamilton Heights neighborhood, a block away from City College of New York and six blocks from the expanded Columbia University campus, this building is perfect for students, or families that need extra space. The building is a half block away from the 1 train, and adjacent to all shopping and restaurants on Broadway.
606 West 137th Street offers completely renovated two and three bedroom apartments with separate dining rooms full of pre-war charm, but with modern amenities like stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, and custom cabinetry.